When people think about their health and wellness, their gut is not often at the forefront of their mind. However, the human gut is made up of billions of microorganism and bacteria which directly affect the rest of our body and how our bodies function.
What does your gut do?
When your gut is functioning properly it is very effective at processing food and often never given a second consideration. However, when the gut is not functioning properly, you may find yourself feeling sluggish, irritable, bloated and ill. The health of your gut, or gut flora, is extremely important to a person’s overall health and wellness. The gut is responsible for breaking down and mixing foods with gastric juices. The gut is also a vital part in how regular a person is with their bowel movements and plays roles in how the intestines, pancreas, liver and gall bladder function.go straight from the source for more information.
What is your gut telling you?
Each person’s digestive system is extremely unique and needs to be listened to on an individual basis. Some of the key things to consider about your gut are: sight, sound, feeling, taste and smell.
• Sight: while this may not be the most pleasant part about your gut, it is important to know feces can come in all different shapes, sizes and colors and that each of these factors indicates how health your gut is. Black and tarry stool can be a strong indicator there is some form of internal bleeding, while dark urine may indicate a pancreatic problem. It is important to monitor your waste output and to contact your doctor immediately if you see anything out of the ordinary or suspicious.
• Sound: It is more than normal to hear gurgling noises in your stomach, but if you hear new noises which are accompanied by pain, it is wise to document these noises as well as what you ate and to then contact your doctor if these problems persist.
• Feel: Abdominal pains can be a sign of a lot of different things and nothing to worry about, however if you feel a sharp stabbing pain or excessive cramping this could be a sign of something more serious and needs to be looked at by trained professionals.
• Smell: Another unpleasant part of the gut, but also very necessary. How your gas and feces smell is also a very key indicator of how healthy your gut is and how effective your bacterial flora is at breaking down food.
• Taste: If you suffer from frequent heart burn or have high acidic stomach content your food may taste more metallic. This can typically be treated orally with medication prescribed by your doctor.
Food that improve gut health:
These tasty and easy to find foods will not only help improve the health of your gut, but may also help you shed a few pounds, improve circulation and digestion.
• probiotics: this yogurt tasting food provides live bacteria to your gut which is crucial for digestion, helpful to your immune system and also a key component to your brain functions.http://www.besthealthmag.ca/eat-well/digestion/the-foods-to-eat-for-a-healthy-gut
• Zinc: an important nutrient which benefits digestive health, helps to regulate hormones and aids in immune health.
• Cinnamon: helps aid in digestion, boost immunity, and also stabilizes blood sugar levels.
Share and Enjoy
Easy Related Posts
A Physically Fit Person’s Guide to Skin Care
We all know that exercise is good for the human health. In fact, several studies ...read more
Attending the gym after childbirth
It’s difficult to know when it’s OK to start back at the gym after giving ...read more
For Fitness Enthusiasts: How To Choose The Best SUV?
Being a fitness enthusiast is not something uncommon in these days, when more and more ...read more
Is Pasta Good For You?
One common question I often hear from people when it comes to food choices is ...read more